Save the dates May 8 - 11, 2023 for NY SME's 8th Current Trends in Mining (CTMF 2023) Conference in New York City. Join us in person. Visit the website for updates at https://community.smenet.org/currenttrendsinminingfinance/home Registration will open soon.Also view NY SME's 3rd virtual Thought Leaders in Mining event on January 10, 2023 Looking Forward - How Best to Manage Risks Impacting Mineral, Energy and Mining Supply Chains. Our third virtual event also covered topics industry leaders, miners, board members, investors, financiers, policy makers want to know about financing global mining supply chains.
Speakers included subject matter experts from these firms: Benchmark Mineral Intelligence; Cassels Brock & Blackwell; Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business; CostMine; CPM Group; Dentons; Eagle Mines Management; Ecora Resources; First Majestic Silver; German Mineral Resources Agency (DERA), Federal Institute for Geosciences & Natural Resources (BGR), Federal Geological Survey of Germany; Government of Quebec; Marc LeVier & Associates; NY SME; National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA); Pala Investments; Parsons Corporation; Rice University, Baker Institute; Shearman & Sterling LLP; Skarn Associates; Skycorp, Inc.; SLR International Corporation; Soar Financial Partners; Société du Plan Nord; Société du parc industriel et portuaire de Bécancour; Société Générale; Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME) Foundation (SMEF); SRK Consulting; Stantec Consulting; Teck Resources Limited; U.S. Department of Energy (DOE); U.S. Geological Survey (USGS); WSP USA; and others.
Below are the topics, presented in alphabetical order, that were discussed.
- A Deeper Understanding of ESG for Better Management & Investment Decision-making
- Cost Estimating Through the ESG Lens
- Economic and Political Risks To Precious, Base, and Specialty Metals, Including Uncertainties Related To The Energy Transition
- Financing the Development of Critical Minerals Projects; a Roundtable Discussion
- Financings: Christmas Presents and Death Spirals – Two Sides of the Same Coin
- From Minerals to Metals: What Investors Need to Know; A Metallurgical Perspective
- From Mining to Manufacturing, Risk Management of a Whole Supply Chain: The Quebec Approach
- Galvanizing Our Future: The Case for Zinc
- Geopolitical and Market Uncertainty – What do I Consider and How do I Consider it?
- Introductory Welcome from NY Chapter of SME
- Is Canada Really Open to New Investment in Energy Infrastructure?
- Large Scale Demonstration & Deployment Investments in America’s Clean Energy Supply Chain
- Mine Project Finance and ESG
- Mineral Supply Chain Risks Start with Exploration
- Mine Risk Planning includes Closure & Beyond: Roundtable Discussion
- Opportunities & Challenges for an Off-World Mineral Resource Economy: A Roundtable Discussion
- Overview of SME & SME Foundation Programs: Supporting and Inspiring Mining Professionals Worldwide
- Reducing Regulatory Risks in Partnership with Indigenous Communities
- Risk Management from an Energy, Materials Perspective
- Robust Raw Material Supply Chains for the Present and Future - What Needs to be Done?
- The Great Raw Material Disconnect
- Revisit this website for updates
All are welcome to register for this exciting, informative symposium that is available on-demand. We encourage you to share the registration link and the event's webpage with others.
The goal of NY SME is to educate, inform others about important issues and trends impacting the mining industry and the supply, financing and use of minerals.