Miners Give Back (MGB) is committed to supporting community service and/or other humanitarian outreach activities.
The SME Foundation (SMEF) announces the Miners Give Back Award for the recognition of SME Section community service and humanitarian outreach. The Miners Give Back Award program promotes community service and humanitarian outreach initiatives by SME Sections within their communities and facilitates networking between Sections.
This award recognizes the outstanding efforts of an SME Section for their accomplishments in community service and humanitarian outreach to serve the mission of Miners Give Back. The mission of MGB is to support world-wide initiatives focused on humanitarian efforts that tangibly improved the lives of individuals and inspired a commitment to give back to the local community.
1. Serve: Complete your Outreach Project between May 2020 - March 2021.
2. Apply: April 1, 2021 - June 1, 2021.
3. Celebrate: February 2022- Award ceremony at the SME Foundation Gala at the SME Annual Conference & Expo.
Learn More About the New Miners Give Back Award
The History of Miners Give Back . . .
- 2010 - the first Miners Give Back project took place when 25 men and women gathered to help Arizona teachers. After a very busy afternoon, the volunteers had created hundreds of needed items for Arizona classrooms.
- 2011 - 61 persons from the mining industry gathered to help the Food Bank of the Rockies. The volunteers packed meals for more than 4,000 people during their day at the food bank.
- 2012 - 21 volunteers spent part of a day working at the Food Lifeline of Seattle, a nonprofit organization dedicated to ending hunger in western Washington. In all, their volunteer work produced more than 2,900 meals for the needy in Washington.
- 2015 – the Miners Give Back program began a three-year partnership with Engineers Without Borders (EWB) to leverage EWB’s global network of on-the-ground engineers in developing countries that implement multiple projects to address the needs identified by a community. EWB’s mission complimented that of MGB’s: to support world-wide initiatives focused on humanitarian efforts that tangibly improved the lives of individuals and inspired a commitment to give back to the local community. The SME Foundation supported EWB projects from 2015 through 2018.
- 2020 - The Miners Give Back Committee launches the NEW Miner's Give Back Award to recognize sections that are making a difference in their communities.
To find out how YOU can make a difference through the Miners Give Back Program, contact email@example.com or 303-948-4239.
Contributions are greatly appreciated online or by mail:
12999 E. Adam Aircraft Circle
Englewood, CO 80112