Join us at
SME's 6th annual Current Trends in Mining Finance (CTMF) Conference Investing in Technology and Innovation & Managing Disruption and Risk in the New Normal
Connecting Mining, Finance and Engineering Executives TM
Sunday April 29 - Wednesday May 2, 2018
We invite you to download a 4 page flier about the event with a schedule by clicking here
The focus of the CTMF Conference is about the outlook, trends and non-technical and technical issues that impact raising capital in the global mining industry. CTMF brings all together to hear and discuss current trends, issues and a range of topics, solutions, risks and where investment opportunities are.
We invite you to read the speakers' bios here who will discuss:
- Bankers’ View of Capital Markets, mine financing, M&A trends, examples of recent restructurings
- Structuring Finance, Types of Projects and Companies being funded with pe, royalties, streaming, traditional finance, etc. in multiple panels with leading experts discussing deals done, pros, cons et al
- Analysts’ View of Global Metals, Minerals, Energy Markets multiple panels re global metals, steel, energy and battery markets, supply, demand, price trends and base, precious and industrial metals
- Rules and Regulations Affecting Mining Finance in multiple panels with leading experts discussing interpretation, harmonization and managing with – including U.S. tax law changes et al
- Engaging Stakeholders For Success multiple panels about key non-technical issues and managing, achieving and maintaining social license and complying with environmental and societal codes
- Technology, Smart Data, Innovation multiple panels highlighting the future of mining, examples of and experts discussing virtual, IoT and use of automation, equipment et al to manage cost and risks
- Government Policy to Support and Attract Investment in mining and related sectors, including technology - multiple senior officials from several countries will speak about this
- Valuation, Due Diligence, and Mineral Reserves and Resources including discussion of recent proposed changes to Industry Guide 7 in the USA – and
- Other topics and case studies
Visit the agenda to see the speakers and topics that will be discussed including how management and investors employ best practices and technology to anticipate, track, manage and reduce technical and non-technical risks and costs. The format encourages getting questions answered by mining and finance experts funding and or advising on mining projects and companies around the world.
Guest speaker Mario Cantú, Under Secretary of Mining, Secretary of Economy, Government of Mexico will speak about The Upward Trend of Mexican Mining: Creating Investment Opportunities.
Dr. Israel Gutierrez, CEO of the Mining Development Bank (FIFOMI) will attend and join other senior officers in a roundtable discussion about investment and business opportunities in mining in Mexico.
The Mining Development Bank (FIFOMI) is a Federal Government Institution that belongs to the Mexican financial system. FIFOMI is coordinated by the Ministry of Economy as a specialized agency that promotes the development of national mining through financing, training and technical support, in order to create, strengthen and consolidate mining projects and operations in Mexico.
FIFOMI supports mining activities and its value chain. Its spectrum ranges from mineral producers and processors to mining industry, service and equipment, suppliers and distributors.
As one of its activities, FIFOMI finances directly companies that produce and process minerals, and as a second tier bank through financial intermediaries, finances small mining companies integrated to the value chain, as suppliers or traders of minerals.
There will be other government representatives at the conference including from the Government of Quebec - together with a delegation of mining and exploration companies - who will talk about policies and programs encouraging investment in mining and minerals opportunities in Quebec - and from elsewhere.
Key note speaker Phillips S. Baker, President & CEO of Hecla Mining Co. will talk about the mining industry being on the cusp of changing the relationship of the miner to the rock face forever.
Mr. Baker will focus on Hecla Mining embracing innovations that will remove the miner from harm’s way and host of other technologies that will make mining safer, improve productivity and lower costs. He said ‘We believe that within a decade the mining industry will look nothing like it does today’.
Other industry leaders will speak about the use of technology and innovation in the global mining industry including Caterpillar, Inc's Michael C. Murphy, Chief Engineer, Mining Technology Enabled Solutions, Surface Mining & Technology Division; Dassault Systèmes' Fiona Carew, Director of Natural Resources; IBM Corporation's Jose R. Favilla Jr., Worldwide Director Industrial Solutions Industrial Products; Newmont Mining Corp's Michael Wundenberg, VP, Operational Technology and Innovation and from Stratalis Consulting, George Hemingway, Partner & Innovation Practice Lead.
These are a few examples of more than 25 panels in the content rich CTMF agenda. Click here to see the who's who of leading experts involved with non-technical, technical and financial issues impacting raising capital in the global mining business who will be at the conference, three receptions and four workshops.
Register here to meet with senior representatives from these and other banking, finance, accounting, royalty, streaming, private equity and investment firms: ABN AMRO; Auramet Trading; Australia and New Zealand Banking Group; Barksdale Capital Corp.; BNP Paribas; Capstone Headwaters; Citi Corporate & Investment Banking; Commonwealth Bank of Australia; CPM Group; Desjardins Securities; Duff & Phelps; Ernst & Young; Export-Import Bank of the U.S.; Franco Nevada Corp; Glencore; Greystone Asset Management; Hartree Capital Management; ING Capital; InvestaBank; Investissement Québec; KPMG; KPMG Canada; Legacy Land Stewardship; Louis Dreyfus; Macquarie Bank; Macquarie Equipment Capital Inc.; Mining Development Bank of Mexico (FIFOMI), McGriff, Seibels & Williams; Northcott Capital; Orion Resource Partners; Osisko Mining; Paulson & Co.; Red Cloud Klondike Strike; Resource Capital Funds; Ressources Québec; Rothschild; Royal Gold; Sandstorm Gold; Soc Gen; Societe Du Plan Nord Québec; Sprott Resources; Swiss Re; Triple Flag Mining Finance Ltd; The World Bank; and others
Senior executives from these exploration and mining companies and Government agencies and others supporting mineral and mining investment world wide will also be at CTMF 2018: Agnico Mines Ltd; Ascendant Resources; Aura Minerals; Australian Trade & Investment Commission; Barksdale Capital Corp.; Black Rock Metals; BQ Energy; Coeur Mining Inc.; Commerce Resources Corp.; Controlled Thermal Resources; Dundee Precious Metals Inc.; EIT RawMaterials; Ero Copper Corp.; First Mining Gold Corp; Franco Nevada Corp.; Freeport McMoRan; GeoMega Resources; German Mineral Resources Agency (DERA); Glencore; Government of Mexico; Government of Quebec; Grupo Mineros S.A.; Hecla Mining Co.; Investissement Québec; Kintavar Exploration; KrownCorp Inc.; Lundin Mining; Mexico: Under Secretary of Mining, Secretary of Economy, Government of Mexico; Mining Development Bank of Mexico (FIFOMI), Mining and Common Good; Nemaska Lithium; Newmont Mining; Nouveau Monde Graphite; NovaGold; Osisko Mining; Orion Resource Partners; Paringa Resources; Peñoles; Pucara Resources; Resource Capital Funds; Ressources Québec; Rincon Lithium; Royal Gold; Sandstorm Gold; Sirios Resources; Societe Du Plan Nord Québec; Sphinx Resources; Sprott Resources; State of Alaska; State of Durango, Mexico; Stornoway Diamonds, Torex Gold Resources; Westmoreland Coal and others.
Register to attend the conference and any of the three receptions and these four workshops:
- Improving strategic capital management with Integrated Valuation and Risk Modelling methods
- Application of enhanced techniques for assessing risks and opportunities in mineral resource estimates: some key points for mining finance professionals
- Efficient, effective due diligence for modern mining investments
- Sustainability in mining – Innovation to reduce mining life cycle costs and impacts
Photo below is from 2017 CTMF Conference during Quebec's Minister of Economy, Science & Innovation, Dominique Anglade's Key Note Presentation
To see the three day schedule and agenda click here You do not have to attend the conference to attend the workshops and receptions On Sunday April 29 are two pre-conference workshops followed by a networking reception before the conference begins on Monday April 30 with breakfast.
There are receptions on Monday April 30 and Tuesday May 1 and two post conference workshops on Wednesday May 2. New York SME thanks all sponsors If you would like to join the sponsors please contact Tim Alch, Conference Co Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last year more than 270 leading experts and senior executives, including officers from more than 35 mining and exploration companies and bankers, investors, private equity, analysts, advisers, engineers, and officials attended from Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Germany, India, Japan, Kosovo, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom and Uruguay. Register to meet and hear technical and non-technical experts discuss key trends, solutions, risks and opportunities.
Titles of attendees include: CEO, President, Partner, Executive Director, Project Manager, Banker, Corporate Finance Specialist, CFO, Treasurer, Engineer, Consultant, Managing Director, Geologist, Corporate Strategist, Environmental Specialist, Lawyer, Financial Analyst, Accountant, and Founder.
We hope to see you at
SME's 6th annual Current Trends in Mining Finance Conference: Investing in Technology and Innovation & Managing Disruption and Risk in the New Normal
Connecting Mining, Finance and Engineering Executives TM
Sunday April 29 - Wednesday May 2
* Space is becoming limited. The organizers are monitoring registrations periodically and may need to close registration. We may require some registered delegates to be present in a second board conference room that will have live video and audio feed to the main conference or conference room G/H and or attend in a third board room to watch and hear via live audio/video feed. Additional rooms and space adjacent to the main conference room are places to relax, network, meet one on one, for quiet phone conversations, or work.
NY SME is organizer of the 6th CTMF conference and is a section of Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME), an association of 14,000+ geo-scientists and mining, mineral professionals in 100+ countries. SME members include mining executives, engineers, geologists, metallurgists, educators, students and researchers. SME advances the worldwide mining and underground construction community through information exchange and professional development. SME is a member society of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers. The New York Section of SME encompasses the Tri-State area. Its members are given the opportunity to network with peers and hear valuable presentations through its activities. NY SME dates back to 1871 when a handful of mining engineers in New York City founded the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers (AIME).