Call For Abstracts
SME’s 7th Annual Current Trends in Mining Finance (CTMF) Conference:
Smarter Mining and Finance: How are Technology and Innovation Disrupting Mining Economics? New Frontiers and Risks
Connecting Mining, Finance and Engineering Executives™
Sunday April 28 - Wednesday May 1, 2019 – New York, New York
The New York Section of SME, the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration is organizing the 7th annual Current Trends in Mining Finance Conference. The organizing committee welcomes abstracts from you about how management, lenders and investors use best practices and technology to anticipate, track and manage technical and non-technical risks impacting exploration and mining projects. Topics include:
- Global mineral commodity market supply, demand and price and capital market trends
- Traditional and alternative funding sources and structures for mining and development
- Trends, issues and risks impacting exploration and valuation and M&A transactions
- Case studies re raising capital, deals involving projects, operations and infrastructure
- Tools and methods to evaluate and manage planning, development and construction risk
- Innovative use of data and technology to reduce and manage operating and capital costs
- Discussion of tax, accounting and social license, environment, and sustainability issues
- Technical & non-technical issues impacting mine & infrastructure development & finance
Abstracts should address issues of interest to leading mining, finance, advisory and engineering executives and experts who evaluate and manage technical and non-technical issues and drivers of investments in projects world-wide. The 2019 conference will bring experts together to meet and discuss trends and industry solutions, risks and where opportunities are.
To submit abstracts and become a sponsor contact Tim Alch, Co Chair email@example.com The 2019 agenda format will be similar to the 2018 event with 28 panels during the two-day conference. In 2018 there more than 40 mining companies and 280 bankers, investors, analysts, advisers, engineers, and government officials from 21 countries. The audience is senior managers and mining industry specialists, bankers, financial analysts, investors, portfolio managers, and engineers.
Read this announcement for more information. Join Us! Thank you Sponsors! Return to this website for updates. Download a 4 page flier about the 2018 event with a schedule. The format of the 2019 conference will be similar to the 2018 event and in the same venues.
There will be receptions on Sunday April 28, Monday April 29 and Tuesday April 30 and post-conference workshops on Wednesday May 1.
The focus is about the outlook, trends and non-technical and technical issues that impact raising capital in the global mining industry. CTMF brings all together to hear and discuss current trends, issues and a range of topics, solutions, risks and where investment opportunities are.
If you want to join the sponsors contact Tim Alch, Conference Co Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the 2018 event were more than 290 leading experts and senior executives including officers from more than 42 mining and exploration companies and bankers, investors, private equity, analysts, advisers, engineers, and officials from Australia, Canada, Germany, Mexico, Quebec. Delegates attending were from more than 21 countries including Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Germany, Ghana, India, Japan, Kosovo, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom and Uruguay.
Register to meet and hear experts about the latest key technical and non-technical issues, key trends, solutions, risks and opportunities.
Titles of delegates include: CEO, President, Partner, Executive Director, Project Manager, Banker, Corporate Finance Specialist, CFO, Treasurer, Engineer, Consultant, Managing Director, Geologist, Corporate Strategist, Environmental Specialist, Lawyer, Financial Analyst, Accountant, and Founder.
Save the dates - Submit abstracts early - Join the Sponsors for SME's 7th annual Current Trends in Mining Finance Conference Smarter Mining and Finance: How are Technology and Innovation Disrupting Mining Economics? New Frontiers and Risks
Connecting Mining, Finance and Engineering Executives™ Sunday April 28 - Wednesday May 1, 2019
* Space is limited. The organizers are monitoring registrations periodically and may need to close registration. We may require some registered delegates to be present in a second board conference room that will have live video and audio feed to the main conference or conference room G/H and or attend in a third board room to watch and hear via live audio/video feed. Additional rooms and space adjacent to the main conference room are places to relax, network, meet one on one, for quiet phone conversations, or work
NY SME is organizer of the 6th CTMF conference and is a section of Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME), an association of 14,000+ geo-scientists and mining, mineral professionals in 100+ countries. SME members include mining executives, engineers, geologists, metallurgists, educators, students and researchers. SME advances the worldwide mining and underground construction community through information exchange and professional development. SME is a member society of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers. The New York Section of SME encompasses the Tri-State area. Its members are given the opportunity to network with peers and hear valuable presentations through its activities. NY SME dates back to 1871 when a handful of mining engineers in New York City founded the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineers (AIME).