SME Outreach Resources

View Only

Discover Engineering Tips and Resources for Outreach (Not Just During Engineers' Week)

• 1.  Discover Engineering Tips and Resources for Outreach (Not Just During Engineers' Week)

Posted 01-21-2016 01:53 PM

Thanks so much for thinking of me and sharing this information! This would be perfect to add to the SME Outreach Resources community group. Can you add it? I’m trying to get the participants to post information, so it’s not just me. I watched the 5 ways to make a difference webinar and loved that they said that Engineers Week is a ‘launching pad for engineering outreach all year long’ and is a way for engineers to ‘share the amazing things they’re working on’. Attending middle and high school career fairs is a great activity for those just starting out. With resources at www.mineralseducationcoalition.org/careers-mining, engineers in the mining industry can promote what they do!

I’d love to work on a program for next year’s Engineer’s Week… maybe encouraging SME members to conduct career presentations or attend career fairs. I’ll keep you and the SME Outreach Resources group in the loop. Maybe this is something we could share with the other AIME organizations once it’s set up?

R

From: Michele Lawrie-Munro [mailto:lawriemunro@aimehq.org]
    Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 11:28 AM
    To: Rachel Grimes
    Cc: Mike Kaas (minermike@att.net)
    Subject: FW: Thank you for attending Engineers Week 2016 Planning Webinar

Hi, Rachel. Per my email earlier this week, below is the link to DiscoverE’s webinar on eWeek activities, which includes lots of great generic tips for outreach in general (and supplies on their website). I wasn’t sure if this would be appropriate to send to your outreach distribution or post on SME’s related community page?

Michele

L. Michele Lawrie-Munro, CAE
    Executive Director
    American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers, Inc. (AIME)
    12999 East Adam Aircraft Circle
    Englewood, CO 80112
    Email: lawriemunro@aimehq.org
    Phone: 1-303-325-5185
    Fax: 1-888-702-0049
    Website: American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers | AIME

Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 11:01 AM
    To: Michele Lawrie-Munro
    Subject: Thank you for attending Engineers Week 2016 Planning Webinar

Dear Michele,
    Thanks for attending Tuesday’s webinar, “Five Ways to Make a Difference During Engineer’s Week.” If you missed a portion or want to watch it again, visit: 5 Ways to Make a Difference During Engineers Week 2016

YouTube remove preview
    5 Ways to Make a Difference During Engineers Week 2016
    Get new ideas or jumpstart existing Engineers Week plans * Discover simple actions YOU can take during Engineers Week 2016 * Get tips and ideas directly from OTHER volunteers (guest speakers) * Learn about resources you can use to celebrate engineering and successfully introduce students to engineering
    View this on YouTube >

Need Engineers Week activity ideas? Join Design Squad Global for a webinar on February 4 at 12pm EST to learn about 3 easy hands-on activities that you can do with students. Register at: Registration

Thank you,

The DiscoverE Team
    Please send your questions, comments and feedback to: info@discovere.org.

You are receiving this email because you registered for this webinar. Your email address and personal information will be used by the Webinar organizer to communicate with you about this event and their other services. To review the organizer's privacy policy or stop receiving their communications, please contact the organizer directly.
    Stop GoToWebinar emails | Report spam

This email is sent on behalf of the organizer by GoToWebinar and Citrix Systems, Inc.
    7414 Hollister Avenue | Goleta, CA 93117 Privacy Policy | Anti-spam Policy | www.gotowebinar.com ©2016 Citrix.

------------------------------
    Michele Lawrie-Munro
    Executive Dir
    AIME
    Englewood CO United States
    303-325-5185
    ------------------------------