Georgia SME Section

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SME Georgia Noon June 25th Virtual Meeting, Legal and Ethical Considerations for Mine Safety Professionals || Adele L. Abrams

• 1.  SME Georgia Noon June 25th Virtual Meeting, Legal and Ethical Considerations for Mine Safety Professionals || Adele L. Abrams

Posted 05-29-2020 02:49 PM
    Steven Stokowski is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
    Topic: SME Georgia Noon June 25th Meeting
    Time: Jun 25, 2020 11:45 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
    Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83083953400
    Meeting ID: 830 8395 3400
    One tap mobile
    +16465588656,,83083953400# US (New York)
    +13017158592,,83083953400# US (Germantown)
    Dial by your location
            +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
            +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
            +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
            +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
            +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
            +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    Meeting ID: 830 8395 3400

Legal and Ethical Considerations for Mine Safety Professionals

Environmental, health, and safety professionals (EHS) have responsibility for many activities, including: management of regulatory and proactive programs; performing audits; and training employees and contractors. These activities also carry significant personal and corporate legal liability exposure, both from MSHA (civil and criminal) and in tort actions arising from negligent training, inspections and supervision. In addition, unethical activities or allegations can cost EHS professionals their hard-earned certifications.

This presentation will address:

• The legal and ethical considerations for EHS professionals
    • Strategies for effective management of liability exposures
    • Proactive solutions

Among other things, you will receive detailed instructions on legal privilege issues, preparation of accident reports, management of inspections, OSHA/MSHA conferences, and more.

About the Speaker

Adele L. Abrams | President, Law Office of Adele L. Abrams PC | Beltsville, MD, United States

Adele L. Abrams is a Certified Mine Safety Professional and attorney, who is president of the Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C., (MD, CO, WV offices). She represents employers in OSHA and MSHA litigation nationwide, and provides employment and safety law consultation, safety audits, and training services. She is on the adjunct faculty of the University of Colorado - Boulder and the Catholic University of America, where she instructs on employment and labor law. Adele practices in multiple federal courts, and is a graduate of the George Washington University's National Law Center. She earned her B.S. from the University of Maryland, College Park. Adele is active in SME's Health & Safety Division and its Industrial Minerals & Aggregates Division. She is a professional member of the National Safety Council, where she was awarded the Distinguished Service to Safety Award (DSSA).

------------------------------
    Steven Stokowski PG
    Lawrenceville GA United States
    (508) 259-3536

• 2.  RE: SME Georgia Noon June 25th Virtual Meeting, Legal and Ethical Considerations for Mine Safety Professionals || Adele L. Abrams

Posted 06-23-2020 07:33 PM
    REMINDER!:

We have a Section meeting With Adele Abrams, a SME Krumb Lecturer, on Noon, Thursday, June 25, 2020

Steven Stokowski PG
    Lawrenceville GA United States
    (508) 259-3536