Mineral & Metallurgical Processing Division

View Only
  • 1.  Join the MPD Virtual Coffee Break This Week

Posted 06-07-2021 02:47 PM

Dear MPD members,

I hope to meet with all of you during the MPD virtual Coffee Break on Thursday, June 10!  Bring a cup of coffee and a desire to learn more about how to get involved in the division. We will be discussing membership retention of graduate engineers and young professionals, and we will be announcing the results from our recent Student Video Contest. Come and share how SME has supported you throughout your professional journey.

Register here {https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0odOGrpjsrE9wsuJ-EittWSZrZFvEpkqQ-} to receive login instruction.  The event will be Thursday, June 10, 1:00 pm MDT.  Please sign up for this event by 10:00 am (MDT) on June 10, 2021.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone,

Aaron 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dr. Aaron Noble
    Associate Professor

Mining and Minerals Engineering || Virginia Tech
    aaron.noble@vt.edu 
    118A Surge Space Building
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------
    Christopher Noble
    Virginia Tech
    Blacksburg VA United States

• 2.  RE: Join the MPD Virtual Coffee Break This Week

Posted 07-11-2021 10:10 AM
    Aaron,

What date does this monthly coffee break usually take place? I would like to start participating.

[Pengbo] [Chu]
    [Nevada Gold Mine Endowed Assistant Professor]
    [University of Nevada, Reno]
    [Reno] [NV] [USA]
    (775)784-6922

• 3.  RE: Join the MPD Virtual Coffee Break This Week

Posted 07-13-2021 10:27 AM

I would re-word #4.   Mining and processing in extreme environments; including space mining.

I like Pengbo Chu's suggestion – but maybe include many things ith #8:  fine particle processing: ultra-fine communition, classification, froth flotation, dewatering..  

image001.jpg@01D3EC56.DF47E5D0

JON R MAKI

Concentrator Process Engineer

Tel: 218 744-7859

jon.maki@clevelandcliffs.com

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    This electronic message and any attachments included with this message are for the exclusive use of the individual or entity to which it is intended to be addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential and thereby exempt and protected from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or the use of its contents, is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication and are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original message from your e-mail system.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________