Georgia SME Section

View Only
  • 1.  Volunteers for Career Fair in Marietta on March 24th

Posted 02-14-2023 11:50 AM

We need a volunteer or 2 for a Career Fair in Marietta, GA.  Further details are in the emails copied below. Please contact me ASAP and before Monday, Feb. 27.  

Steve

sstokowski@yahoo.com

We received the email below from Madison Bohm, a 12th grade student at Wheeler High School, Marietta, Georgia inviting SME to be featured exhibitors to represent the fields of Mining and Metallurgy at their Annual Career Fair, on March 24, 2023.

In situations like this, we look up to sections to help with such requests hence this email. Unfortunately, the date coincides with the NSTA Conference for which Steve has signed up to volunteer. I was wondering if you two have suggestions as to who may be interested to attend the career fair from your section and/or if Steve can post this on your community. If this is a possibility, I could mail flyers, mining career books, and resources that your section can use for the career fair.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you could take it up from here and have someone from your section reply to Madison's request at the email address below - madison.bohm@circuitrunners.com 

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for all your efforts and contributions to the mining community.

Dear Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration,

My name is Madison Bohm and I am a 12th grade student at Wheeler High School in Marietta, Georgia and a member of CircuitRunners Robotics, their robotics club. We are partnering with Wheeler's Black Student Union and Skills USA to host a career fair.

Wheeler High School's Annual Career Fair's purpose is to provide our school's diverse population with the tools necessary to understand the various career opportunities available to them. We've reached out to you because we feel that you represent an industry or career that would interest our 11th and 12th grade students as they prepare for graduation and look to make future plans. Our goal is that students leave this event with long-term employment leads, career information, and contextual insights into the world of work that they did not have previously.

The Career Fair will take place on March 24, 2023 from 11am to 2pm at Wheeler High School: 375 Holt Road, Marietta, Georgia, 30068.

That said, we'd like to invite members of SME to be a featured exhibitor representing the fields of mining, metallurgy, and exploration! We will provide one 6ft x 2ft table for you to enhance with your company banner, informational fliers/brochures, tablecloth, giveaway items, etc.. We'd like to encourage all exhibitors to bring displays that represent their careers in a way that engages high school students. Should you need any additional accommodations, please do not hesitate to reach out and let us know!

If you'd like to participate, please contact me at madison.bohm@circuitrunners.com. I am also happy to answer any questions you may have.

Additional information relative to event logistics, final headcount, parking, and other important details will be shared via email to exhibitors in mid-February!

Thank you, 

Madison Bohm

Kindly,

Akudo Nwokeukwu

Minerals Education Coalition Outreach Coordinator

smefoundation

303-948-4221 - Direct Line

303-948-4265 - FAX

The Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration (SME)
    12999 E Adam Aircraft Circle
    Englewood, CO 80112

nwokeukwu@smenet.org

smefoundation.org

www.MineralsEducationCoalition.org

------------------------------
    SStokowski@yahoo.com

• 2.  RE: Volunteers for Career Fair in Marietta on March 24th

Posted 02-16-2023 09:51 AM

We have one volunteer.  We need another.  Step up, people!

Steve

SStokowski@yahoo.com