Mineral & Metallurgical Processing Division

View Only

Join me in celebrating the Montana Tech Metallurgy Department's Centennial Celebration Sept 25 to Oct 1

• 1.  Join me in celebrating the Montana Tech Metallurgy Department's Centennial Celebration Sept 25 to Oct 1

Posted 08-08-2022 04:22 PM
      |   view attached

Dear Collogues,
    As a Graduate of MT Tech, I would like to draw your attention to Montana Tech's Metallurgy and Materials Engineering (M&ME) Department 100-year anniversary celebration planned for this Fall. In honor of the department's birthday, M&ME and its Industrial Advisory Board will host a Centennial Celebration to recognize past accomplishments and embrace the program's exciting future.
    Department Head Dr. Jerry Downey shared, "On behalf of the faculty, staff, and students in the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Department, I want to invite our alumni, industry partners, and other friends of the Department to join us for our Centennial Celebration. We are excited to celebrate our history and even more to show you our plans for the future! We have an outstanding line-up of presentations confirmed for the two-day technical symposium and we believe it is shaping up to be a can't miss event."
    The Metallurgy and Materials Engineering Centennial Celebration at Montana Tech slated for Sept 25 through Oct 1, which is also this year's Homecoming Week for the Orediggers. Events for the Centennial Celebration will include a fire assay course, offered September 25-28, student poster sessions, a blade smithing workshop, a two-day technical symposium Sept 29-30, a Centennial Celebration banquet the evening of Sept 29, plus homecoming festivities throughout the week. To cap off festivities, join the M&ME tailgate and cheer on the Oredigger Football Team taking on Montana Northern Skylights on Saturday, Oct 1.
    Money raised from the Centennial Celebration will support the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Departmental Endowment. This endowment provides resources in perpetuity to support the department, recruit students, promote Metallurgy and Materials engineering to future generations, and secure the future of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at Montana Technological University.
    Registrations for the Centennial Celebration events are open now. You can learn more about events, see the current slate of technical presentations, and sign up to participate by using the QR code in the attachment or visiting the event site: MET Centennial

------------------------------
    Scott Shuey
    MT Tech Industrial Advisory Board
    Newmont Mining
    Englewood, CO 80112
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)