Utah SME Section

View Only

Approval of the new bylaws and electing of the new executive committee for the term 2024-2026

• 1.  Approval of the new bylaws and electing of the new executive committee for the term 2024-2026

Posted 22 days ago
      |   view attached

Dear Members of the Utah SME Section,

I shared the updated bylaws of the Utah Section of SME with you on February 5th, 2024 asking for your comments if any by March 4th. The document is attached for your reference with this message. We have not received any additional comments. At the beginning of the meeting of members on Wednesday, April 17th, I will ask for your verbal approval of this bylaw document. 

Proposed members New Executive Committee:

After consulting with members of the current executive committee, I am proposing the following members for the two-year term starting on June 1, 2024 ending on May 31st, 2026.

Chair: Mick McCaslin <Mick.McCaslin@flsmidth.com>: 
    Vice Chair: Christy L. Miller <cmiller@barr.com>,
    Secretary: Brad Dunn <Brad.Dunn@riotinto.com>,
    Treasurer: Derek Loveday <derek.loveday@stantec.com>,
    Advisor: Kurt Kost  <kdkost@gmail.com>,
    Advisor: Robert Schafer <Schafer_RW@comcast.net>
    Past Chair: Abani Samal <arsamal@gmail.com>

After discussion on the bylaws, I will ask for you all to approve the members of the executive committee or, send your comments to Mr. Gregory L. LeClaire (Greg) (glleclaire@hotmail.com) who has agreed to act as the independent officer to conduct the election of the executive committee members.

If you like, please feel free to write to me (arsamal@gmail.com) and/or Greg before the April 17th meeting. 

With my best regards

Abani Samal

Chair - Utah Section of SME

------------------------------
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)