19th North American Mine Ventilation Symposium (NAMVS 2023)

Starts:  Jun 17, 2023 09:00 AM (MT)
Ends:  Jun 22, 2023 05:00 PM (MT)

The organizing committee of the upcoming 19th North American Mine Ventilation Symposium (NAMVS 2023) in collaboration with the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME), and the South Dakota Mines, is pleased to announce that the NAMVS 2023 symposium will be held at South Dakota Mines, Rapid City, South Dakota, USA, from June 17 through 22, 2023.

The North American Mine Ventilation Symposium is organized by the Underground Ventilation Committee (UVC) of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration (SME). Since the first Symposium in 1982, the UVC has sought to provide mine ventilation engineers and technicians in the underground coal, metal, and industrial mineral mining industry with the latest information and operating practices from the field and promote the exchange of ideas and research in a variety of related areas to include the monitoring of air contaminants, determining fresh air requirements, and producing power efficient ventilation and cooling systems and energy-related topics.

The NAMVS 2023 is a peer-reviewed symposium scheduled to run for 3 days. It will be made up of full-day parallel technical streams, include workshops, exhibit booths, networking activities and attract a total of approximately 300 delegates.

South Dakota School of Mines & Technology
501 E. Saint Joseph St
Rapid City, SD 57701

Contact

Purushotham Tukkaraja
605-394-1267
PT@sdsmt.edu