Strategic Mine Planning with New Digital Technologies, Risk Management and Mineral Value Chains

Starts:  Sep 29, 2021 09:00 AM (ET)
Ends:  Oct 1, 2021 05:00 PM (ET)
This course is designed for mining engineers, mine planners, mine geologists, project managers, resource analysts, involved in feasibility studies, development and operations, interested in new technologies for risk management and optimal decision support.

View the event flyer here

OBJECTIVES AND CONTENT

At the time of a continuing rebound of metal markets, learn how the application of new digital technologies that can add substantial value to strategic mine planning and asset valuation. The new technologies and related tools integrate technical risk management while capitalizing on the synergies amongst the elements of mineral value chains through their simultaneous optimization – from mines to products to markets.

Learn how you can improve performance by:
  • Learning the state-of-the-art strategic mine planning concepts and new approaches that unlock and add value to mining assets
  • Finding out how to minimize technical risks and produce optimal pit designs with strategic mine planning processes and the next generation optimization methods
  • Discovering methods and tools for the simultaneous risk-managing (stochastic) optimization of mining complexes and mineral value chains from mines to products to markets
  • Discovering how the new developments will help you capture the “upside potential” in mine plans and minimize “downside risks”, as well as increase cash flows
  • Exploring and learning from real-world examples, practices and comparisons in diverse applications, from gold and copper mines to iron ore and nickel laterites
  • Understanding how to deal with blending and non-linear geo-metallurgical interactions in the processing streams, as materials are transformed from bulk material to refined products
  • Participating in hands-on computer sessions that show how to increase project value by employing new risk-managing simultaneous optimization models

LOGISTICS
Lectures are given from 9 AM (refreshments at 8:30 AM) to 5 PM with two 15 minute coffee breaks and a 1 hour lunch break.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Should this course run remotely, please note that dates & times will be modified. Remote times will be in the Eastern Standard Time zone. Registered participants will be advised.

McGill University
3450 University Street
Frank Dawson Adams Building, Room 105
Montreal, QC H3A 0E8
Event Image

Contact

Laura Johnson
303-948-4222
johnson@smenet.org