Preventing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Mining Workplace

When:  Aug 26, 2020 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM (MT)
Facilitated by Emily Haas, Senior Research Behavioral Scientist, CDC/NIOSH: The purpose of this webinar is to bring together experts to share information about COVID-19 and lessons learned while operating mine locations during the pandemic. Mine companies have adapted and quickly executed new processes and procedures to protect mine workers from the spread of COVID-19. The panel discussion hopes to elucidate what these processes and procedures entail and how they were implemented, monitored, and sustained to protect the health and safety of miners during essential operations.
Panelists:
  • Michael Meighan Director, Corporate Health and Safety, Kinross Gold Corp.
  • Stacy Kramer, Vice-President, Global Health & Safety, Freeport McMoRan Inc.
  • Matthew Pedersen-Howard, Vice President of Safety and Health, Peabody Energy.
  • Jessica Kogel, Associate Director of Mining, NIOSH.

Online Instructions:
Url: http://smemi.personifycloud.com/PersonifyEbusiness/Events/SME-Events-Calendar/Meeting-Details/productId/6974731
Login: Please register to receive the email with the link to join us for the live session. If you cannot attend the live session, register now and we'll send you the link to watch the recording once it's available after the live session.
Event Image

Contact

SME Meetings
cs@smenet.org