18th North American Mine Ventilation Symposium

Starts:  Jun 12, 2021 08:00 AM (MT)
Ends:  Jun 17, 2021 05:00 PM (MT)
Associated with  Underground Ventilation (UVC)
NAMVS 2021 offers a meaningful experience and knowledge to all the attendees, whether you are a budding ventilation engineer or an expert working in the mining, tunneling, and other fields that utilize subsurface areas. You will be able to connect with experts within your field, engage in high-level debates, improve your presentation and communication skills, and get feedback on your latest work. You can benefit from the keynote sessions, short courses/workshops, exhibits, and technical and poster sessions.

Symposium Topics

• Mine ventilation automation 
  • Ventilation planning
  • Ventilation design and economics
  • Spontaneous combustion
  • Mine fires and explosions
  • Coal/gas wells interaction
  • Methane and gas control
  • Computer applications
  • Ventilation monitoring
  • Air cooling and refrigeration
  • Main and booster fans
  • Auxiliary ventilation
  • Mine management and organization of ventilation
  • Mine dust control
  • Ventilation on demand
  • DPM control and management
  • Alternatives to diesel equipment
  • Underground mine ventilation training and competence
  • Controlled recirculation
  • Research needs
  • ... and more!

Symposium Courses

A number of short courses will be offered at the Symposium. South Dakota Mines will provide Continuing Education certificates for licensed professional engineers for participation in the courses.

• Diesel emissions control
  • Mine refrigeration and air conditioning
  • Introduction to CFD modeling
  • Mine dust control
  • Mine environmental monitoring and fire modeling
  • Ventilation design for deep mines
  • Coal mine explosion prevention

Registration for the 18th Virtual North American Mine Ventilation Symposium (NAMVS-2021) is open now. All participants in the Symposium must complete the online registration form and pay the appropriate registration fee(s) through this website. Registrations will not be confirmed until after payment has been received. The sessions of the symposium will be available to the attendees for 90 days after June 17th. The registered attendees can access the symposium website and the technical sessions for up to 90 days after the conference ends.

Online Instructions:
Url: http://namvs2021.org/registration/
Login: The registered attendees can access the symposium website and the technical sessions for up to 90 days after the conference ends.
Event Image

Contact

Purushotham Tukkaraja
PT@sdsmt.edu