Getting it right to start with: water quality risk management by building better mine rock stockpile

When:  Aug 4, 2020 from 02:00 PM to 03:00 PM (MT)

One of the most contentious persistent issues with respect to closure is water quality including metal leaching and acid rock drainage. This presentation discusses opportunities to change the approach to the construction of mine rock stockpiles as a method for long term management of metal leaching and acid rock drainage risk.

Attendees can expect to learn:

• Water quality risk can be managed through construction of mine rock stockpiles
  • Construction methods can help quantify the value of progressive remediation
  • Newly published resources available

Tyler Birkham is Senior Technical Advisor, Okane. His career as a mining consultant has provided multiple opportunities to engage and present to industry professionals in workshops and conference settings, with a focus on bringing innovative ideas to real-world mining issues. Tyler enjoys engaging with colleagues on big picture ideas and bringing clarity on how these ideas translate to mine planning and environmental solutions.

Online Instructions:
Url: http://smemi.personifycloud.com/PersonifyEbusiness/Events/SME-Events-Calendar/Meeting-Details/productId/7980128
Login: Once you have registered, you will receive an email with a link to join the live session. Registrants will be given access to the recording within a week after it has concluded.
Event Image

Contact

Customer Service
cs@smenet.org