2024 MMSA Abandoned Mined Lands Symposium

Starts:  Jul 24, 2024 09:00 AM (PT)
Ends:  Jul 25, 2024 05:00 PM (PT)

The Mining and Metallurgical Society of America (MMSA), in partnership with Trout Unlimited (TU); Colorado School of Mines; University of Nevada Reno, College of Science; University of Arizona, School of Mining & Mineral Resources presents the 6th Annual Symposium:

2024 MMSA Abandoned Mined Lands Symposium

July 24-25, 2024

Gold Miner's Inn

Grass Valley, California

This Symposium is the sixth in a series of public forums convened by MMSA and its growing coalition of partners to bring stakeholders with a vested interest in improving landscapes impacted by Abandoned Mine Lands together. Status updates of the ongoing Good Samaritan legislative and administrative efforts will be provided and opportunities for more collaboration will be discussed. Building on the lessons learned from previous Summits, delegates will continue to share their work experiences from the field and explore the best paths forward to ensure that legacy mine lands in the West are improved to the benefit of wildlife and communities.

We are seeking speakers for the 2024 MMSA Abandoned Mined Lands Symposium for the technical session (technical presentations characterization and closure of hard rock mine sites) and the keynote session (AML success stories). Subjects for the technical session are unlimited and should be focused on innovative approaches such as active and passive water treatment, bioremediation, remote sensing, etc. Abstracts should include title, authors/presenter, and no more than 300-word description of the presentation. Presentations will be 20 minutes in length. Submissions due by May 24, 2024. Please send to contactmmsa@mmsa.net 

The Symposium will occur on July 24, 2024. An optional field trip is being planned for July 25, 2024 and will have a separate sign-up. There is no charge to attend the symposium. The tour will have a charge and separate sign up soon.

There is a block of rooms being held at the Gold Miner's Inn. You can reserve by calling the hotel at 530-477-1700 ext. 1 and ask for the MMSA rate.

Gold Miners Inn
121 Bank St
Grass Valley, CA 95945