2020 SME Carolina Section Meeting and Field Trip - Postponed

Starts:  Apr 24, 2020 03:00 PM (ET)
Ends:  Apr 25, 2020 02:00 PM (ET)
Associated with  Carolinas SME Section

Due to the rapidly changing situation surrounding COVID-19, this event is postponed with a new date TBD
2020_SME_meeting_2.jpg
Scholarship Donations:

Event sponsorship:

The Doubletree Charlotte Gateway Village
895 W. Trade St.
Charlotte, NC 28202

Comments

03-20-2020 08:23 PM

Dear SME Carolina Section Community, 

Through the evolving severity surrounded by COVID-19, it is with much disappointment that we are deciding to postpone our Annual Technical Meeting scheduled in Charlotte, NC for April 24th. I know many of us look forward to this meeting as a time for socializing, reconnecting, and engaging in our technical sessions. At this time, however, we need to ensure the safety of ourselves and others by taking the necessary precautions to lessen the spread of the virus. We will try to reschedule this event for the Fall.  In the event that things have not settled by the fall, we will be canceling the event until next year. For those of you that have already paid to attend the technical conference, Jackie Langille our Section Secretary-Treasurer, will be working on refunding your payment.  

I was very much looking forward to meeting you all and engaging in discussion of how we can make the chapter more engaging and interactive. I have created a survey that I would encourage all of you to take. I will be collecting the feedback and presenting it to the chapter, so please be on the lookout for those emails.  

Please remember that we are all in this together and we will get through this together.  

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out,

Valerie Hickman, Section Chair

Pricing Information

Registration Regular Late
Member $100.00 $150.00
SME Student Member $40.00 $60.00
Non-member $100.00 $150.00
Non-SME Student Member $40.00 $60.00