Northern California SME Section

View Only
  • 1.  Section Get Together

Posted 10-22-2021 06:08 PM
    It has been over a year since we were able to have a face to face meeting.  We have had several Zoom meetings where we have been able to see each other but that is not the same thing.   The Northern California Section is going to have a real meeting!!
    Chris Johnson has arranged for the Section members to visit the Kennedy Mine in Jackson, Ca. on November 7.  This is a bit of a drive from members located in the Bay Area but for those of you who live in the foothills, we expect to see you there.  Since this is the first gathering of the Section in over a year we want to have you bring your family.  Let them discover why California became such a popular place in 1849 and the reason why the picturesque towns are there in the foothills along Highway 49 for you to visit. This is a very unique mine site and one which every person interested in mineral resources should visit.  It only goes to prove that a mine that has been there for 100 years can exist without destroying the environment.
    We are going to make this mine tour open to not only members of the N. Ca. Section and families but if you have interested neighbors, relatives or friends who want to experience mining history, see some beautiful country and have a good day out of doors, bring them along.  Let Chris know how many will be coming so the mine tour people will be prepared. 
    This will be an exciting time and an educational tour.  What ever the mine requires for Covid protection is what we will honor.  Since this is an outdoor gathering there should be no extraordinary requirements.
    Thank you Chris for organizing this tour.  Stay tuned for our next meeting to follow.

Bill Warfield 

Google the Kennedy Mine to learn about its history.

------------------------------
    William Warfield
    Roseville CA United States

• 2.  RE: Section Get Together

Posted 11-01-2021 06:09 PM
    Hi all,
    We will keep an eye on the weather this week.
    If it appears that it will be nasty, we can likely reschedule for the 14th of November.
    We will confirm our plans as the weekend nears.

Per Bill's note - feel free to bring your family along.

Chris,
    cjohnson@ugmsolutions.com

Christopher Johnson
    Redwood City CA United States
    (303)859-7062

• 3.  RE: Section Get Together

Posted 11-02-2021 10:19 AM
    Does anyone want to carpool?

Andy Sass
    520-490-8098