St. Louis SME Section

View Only
  • 1.  SAVE THE DATE: November Meeting

Posted 11-05-2019 09:54 PM
    I don't have all the details yet, but please SAVE THE DATE for Thursday, November 14, 6 pm.

The St. Louis Section meeting will be in Rolla, MO.  Location to be announced shortly!!!!

This will be our evening with the Missouri S&T student members of SME.  The Department of Mining Engineering will be presenting that evening. 

MORE TO COME!!!

------------------------------
    Genevieve Sutton
    Doe Run Co
    Bunker MO United States
    (636)578-6048

• 2.  RE: SAVE THE DATE: November Meeting

Posted 11-07-2019 10:23 AM
      |   view attached
    HERE IS THE FOLLOW-UP!

Thursday, Nov. 14, 6 pm
    At the Missouri S&T Experimental Mine
    12350 Private Drive 7002  (Off Bridge School Rd)
    Rolla MO 65401

Food Provided by the Mining Engineering Dept.  (Contributions for the Bar are being sought, call 573-341-4753 to help out)

Please join us in Rolla, MO, at the Experimental Mine's new Kennedy Mine building.  If you have not seen this fabulous upgrade to the old mine classroom, you can't afford to miss this meeting!  Many Alumni, Friends of the Department, and Corporate partners were instrumental in securing the funding for this magnificent building that not only provides, offices for faculty and staff, classrooms, and changerooms, but also multiple lab spaces and activity space for the student Mucking and Mine Rescue Teams.  The Mining Engineering Department has some new faculty and some new research going on that you might not have heard about.  And if you have not been to the mine in a few years, do you know about the new Kennedy Portal?  Or the new decline and lower level?  So please join us next Thursday to support the Missouri S&T Mining Engineering Department and Student SME chapter.  

Please RSVP to Program Chair, Bob Johnston bob.johnston@earthlink.net OR sme.stl.section@gmail.com OR by phone 314-570-0226.  The flyer can be accessed by clicking on the BLUE View Thread link at the bottom of the post.

NOTE: if you have not been to Rolla in a year or two, when coming from I-44, you have to PASS the old Tater Patch and turn right at the new stoplight to access Bridge School Road.  If you are coming from Salem, you do not need to turn on Hwy 63 from Hwy 72.  There is a new bypass that takes you directly to the I-44 interchange without navigating the traffic of Kingshighway.  Turn left at the new stoplight just before you get to the Tater Patch.

Genevieve Sutton
    Doe Run Co
    Bunker MO United States
    (636)578-6048

Attachment(s)