Northern California SME Section

View Only
  • 1.  New Member Intro

Posted 10-16-2020 11:48 AM
    Hi All, 

I wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new SMR member and (therefore) new to the Northern California SME Section. I'm a geologist who has worked as an environmental consultant for most of my ~20-year career. For the last 10+ years the majority of my work has been in the mining sector. Primarily closed California gold mines where I do NPDES and title 27 permitting and compliance as well as one-off hydrogeologic or waste characterization studies. I also work on active mines in Nevada, Arizona and Canada, mostly on the environmental side but occasionally I get to pull out my rock hammer and do some hard rock geology - recently while doing exploration and campaign mine development at a barite resource in northern Nevada - which was very fun!

I hope to get involved with SMR and the NorCal section in particular. I've recently been talking with Bill about helping to facilitate a virtual section meeting this fall. 

Cheers, 
    Mark

------------------------------
    Mark Trevor, P.G.
    Principal Geologist
    Placerville CA United States
    (510) 316-5732

• 2.  RE: New Member Intro

Posted 10-17-2020 10:27 AM
    Welcome to the N California Section. Looking forward to working with you on facilitating a virtual meeting for the Section. 

William Warfield
    Roseville CA United States

• 3.  RE: New Member Intro

Posted 10-17-2020 01:39 PM

Hi Mark,
    Welcome to the SME.
    It will good to see the Northern California SME become a little more active.
    I have been a member of the NorCal SME for over two years, but have not been active.  The main reason for this is, I would never receive any communication from the NorCal SME.  I don't know why, but fortunately, that technical glitch changed earlier this year.

I look forward to the virtual meeting and see where I can help.

Chris Johnson
    UG Mining Engineer
    P.E., RM-SME, FAusIMM(CP)
    Redwood City, CA
    303-859-7062