Mining Health & Safety Open Forum

View Only

Colorado School of Mines -- EMCIS Program -- Training Needs Assessment

• 1.  Colorado School of Mines -- EMCIS Program -- Training Needs Assessment

Posted 01-07-2020 12:49 PM
    Hi Everyone! 

Did you know that the Energy, Mining, and Construction Safety Industry (EMCIS) program has been providing MSHA-required training to students, individuals, and companies throughout the Western United States for more than 20 years!?  The program is particularly critical for underserviced populations working on mine sites, including contractors, suppliers, consultants, equipment manufacturers, and small mine operators. 

In this new decade, we are working to support our current and future efforts intended to increase the quality, availability, and delivery of training to mine workers in the Western United States. Effective regulatory training, strategic partnerships and outreach for safety, and research efforts to support this work is important to ensure the competencies of mining professionals. These activities also serve to promote compliance and best practices to ensure a safe and healthy workforce among industry stakeholders.

To this end, we are interested in your feedback regarding MSHA-required training needs and other occupational health and safety interests.

Please consider completing this brief survey, with a chance to win one of three $50 Amazon gift cards (winners will be contacted toward the end of February 2020). 

MSHA-Training Needs Assessment 

Thank you for your feedback!

------------------------------
    Lori Guasta, Ph.D.
    Research Associate, EMCIS Program
    Colorado School of Mines
    Lguasta@mines.edu
    ------------------------------