Upper Peninsula SME Section

View Only
  • 1.  Humboldt Mill tour

Posted 08-01-2018 08:26 PM
    Hi All,

SME Upper Peninsula Section is organizing a tour of Humboldt Mill on Friday, August 17, 2018 for our members and their family. The tour will start at 10 AM and run for two hours. we ask that tour participants arrive around 9:45-9:50 am. The maximum number of tour participant is 12. The tour is open for SME members and their family. So, RSVP the event if you would like to attend.  A lunch is being planned for after the tour at a local venue, details to follow. 

On the Humboldt Mill tour (2 hours) you will see what happens to the ore after it leaves the mine site. The mill tour is a walking tour, beginning at the administrative office. The tour follows the circuit of crushing, grinding and flotation processes, taking the ore from haul truck to rail car. Visitors should be prepared to spend about an hour walking on site, including up and down stairs and over metal grating. Transportation will not be provided for the Humboldt Mill tour. Driving and parking directions will be given later through email to the RSVP list members. Click here for a complete description of tour requirements.

To RSVP the event, pleas follow the link bellow or go to the event page of SME Upper Peninsula Section community site: 

Humboldt Mill tour

Please do not hesitate to contact me (schatte1@mtu.edu) or Karla Kramer (karla.d.kramer@gmail.com) if you have any question.

Best,

------------------------------
    Snehamoy Chatterjee PhD
    Assistant Professor
    Michigan Technological University
    Houghton MI United States
    (906) 487-2516

• 2.  RE: Humboldt Mill tour

Posted 08-13-2018 11:04 AM
    ​Hello UP SME members!

This is a reminder that our group tour of Eagle Mine's Humboldt Mill is this Friday August 17th.  If you plan on attending, please RSVP by the end of the day.  You can simply reply to this conversation, to my email (karla.d.kramer@gmail.com), or RSVP on the event page at:
    Humboldt Mill Tour - Event Page RSVP

RSVP by the end of the day today, August 13th!  If you would like to attend, but cannot RSVP today, please call to reserve your spot for the public tour through Eagle Mine Public Outreach directly at (906) 273-1550, details at their website:  http://eaglemine.com/public-tours/ .  We have reserved spots for our group as part of the public tour, but they will only be held through today.

We would like to get together after the tour for a group lunch, if we have enough people interested.  Please let me know if you would like to join us for lunch.  The plan is to meet at Jerzi's 41 Sports Bar & Grill (formerly 41 Steak House) after the tour.  Cost of lunch is per menu, everyone orders individually. (https://eatat41.com/)

Thanks and hope to see you Friday!

Karla Kramer, PE
    Upper Peninsula Section Chair
    Marquette, MI
    karla.d.kramer@gmail.com