St. Louis SME Section

View Only

STL Section of SME March meeting announcement

• 1.  STL Section of SME March meeting announcement

Posted 03-12-2019 11:27 PM
      |   view attached
    Greetings STL Section,
    Our March meeting will be on Thursday, March 21 in St. Louis at Andre's Banquet Center.  Socializing will start at 6 pm, with dinner service beginning around 6:30. 

Our speaker is Dr. Gennaro Marino of Marino Engineering Associates.  Dr. Marino received his PhD in Civil Engineering in 1985, from the University of Illinois, holds a PE in 25 states, and has authored over 100 articles and publications on subsidence engineering topics.

Dr. Marino will be talking about Mine Subsidence Engineering.  "This presentation covers key aspects of mine subsidence engineering, a subject that is not well understood, and embraces a number of engineering disciplines. It focuses on the causes of mine subsidence and how mine stability relates to the resulting ground movements. Different mining and geologic conditions determine the mode of failure of the mine. The mode of mine failure in turn affects the resulting subsidence movement. Prediction of subsidence and damage potential are also key aspects of subsidence engineering. Examples of expected subsidence damage as well as mine stabilization will be shown. This presentation will be presented in a manner that will be understandable to anyone that would be interested in learning more about mine subsidence." 

Please see the attached flyer for more details and directions.  You can view the flyer by clicking on the BLUE "View Thread" link at the bottom of this message.

If you are interested in attending, please RSVP by March 19 to our Section Program Chair, Bob Johnston by email to: bob.johnston@earthlink.net or sme.stl.section@gmail.com or by phone 314-570-0226.

------------------------------
    Genevieve Sutton
    Doe Run Co
    Bunker MO United States
    (636)578-6048
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)