One of the papers in the SME Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration journal has been accessed more than 21,000 times. Do you know which it is?
The answer is... Innovation in the Mining Industry: Technological Trends and a Case Study of the Challenges of Disruptive Innovation
by Felipe Sánchez and Philipp Hartlieb (https://doi.org/10.1007/s42461-020-00262-1
), published in the October 2020 issue of MME. You can read and download this paper for free as an SME member:
- Log in at smenet.org with your email address and password.
- Click on "Publications" in the top banner and choose "Mining, Metallurgy & Exploration journal" in the pull-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on the "Read the MME Journal Online" link. This takes you to the MME Springer website as an SME member with free access. To see a specific paper, use the search function or use the paper’s https://doi
While you are there, check out these other top MME papers:
1. A Review of Rare-Earth Elements Extraction with Emphasis on Non-conventional Sources: Coal and Coal Byproducts, Iron Ore Tailings, Apatite, and Phosphate Byproducts by Meisam Peiravi, Fahimeh Dehghani, Louis Ackah, Azam Baharlouei, Justin Godbold, Jia Liu, Manoj Mohanty & Tathagata Ghosh https://doi.org/10.1007/s42461-020-00307-5
2. Estimation of Grinding Time for Desired Particle Size Distribution and for Hematite Liberation Based on Ore Retention Time in the Mill by Harish Hanumanthappa, Harsha Vardhan, Govinda Raj Mandela, Marutiram Kaza, Rameshwar Sah & Bharath Kumar Shanmugam https://doi.org/10.1007/s42461-019-00167-8
3. Hydrometallurgical Investigation of Sericite Clay for Extraction of Alumina and Potash Under Controlled Conditions by Ashwini Kumar, Shrey Agrawal & Nikhil Dhawanhttps://doi.org/10.1007/s42461-020-00183-z
Do you have a preprint manuscript to submit to the MME journal?
If you have an SME preprint manuscript that you would like to submit for peer review in order to be considered for publication in the MME journal, just follow these steps:
- Go to springer.com/42461
- Click on “Submission guidelines” to access the Instructions for Authors
- Click on “Submit manuscript” to submit. During submission, indicate in the Author Comments box that the submission is a preprint for an SME conference and state the conference and date.
Once submitted to the journal, your manuscript will go through peer review by the MME Editorial Board. If it is accepted by the MME Editorial Board, it will be published in the journal. To increase the chances of your manuscript being accepted for publication, write it in the form of a technical journal paper with all the elements of such a paper (Abstract, Introduction with literature review, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusion, References), ensuring all the elements are well covered. Consider MME’s aims and scope, which are to publish high-quality original research publications, in-depth special review articles, reviews of state-of-the-art and innovative technologies and industry methodologies, communications of work of topical and emerging interest, and other works that enhance understanding on both the fundamental and practical levels.
There is no deadline for submissions to the journal. You can submit anytime.
Don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com if you have any questions or need any help.