Haile Gold Mine: 2017 SME Carolinas-Georgia Sections Joint Meeting and Field Trip

Starts:  Apr 21, 2017 01:00 PM (ET)
Ends:  Apr 22, 2017 01:00 PM (ET)
Associated with  Georgia SME Section

Haile Gold Mine: 2017 SME Carolinas-Georgia Sections Joint Meeting and Field Trip

Friday, April 21 - Saturday, April 22, 2017

Haile Gold Mine: Introduction, Geology, Metallurgy/Processing, and Environmental Compliance

2017 SME Carolinas-Georgia Sections Joint Meeting and Field Trip; Haile Gold Mine, Kershaw, SC; April 21-22, 2017

(Open to All Professionals and Students - SME members and non-members)

Meeting Agenda:

Friday April 21, 2017:

Location: Hilton Garden Inn, 650 Tinsley Way, Rock Hill, SC 29730
Reception………………………………..…...…...  1 - 2 p.m.
Technical Program:
  • Haile Gold Mine: Introduction.………...... 2 - 2:30 p.m.
           David Thomas, Vice President & General Manager, Haile Gold Mine, Inc. 
  • Haile Gold Mine: Geology……........…… 2:30 – 3 p.m.
          John Jory, Director of Exploration, Haile Gold Mine, Inc. 
  • Haile Gold Mine: Metallurgy/Processing…… 3 – 3:30 p.m.
          Michael Deal, Process Manager, Haile Gold Mine, Inc. 
  • Haile Gold Mine: Environmental Compliance.. 3:30 – 4 p.m.
          Scott McDaniel, Environmental Manager, Haile Gold Mine, Inc. 
Dinner……………….............................………..…  4 - 6 p.m.

Saturday, April 22, 2017:
Location: Haile Gold Mine, 6911 Snowy Owl Rd, Kershaw, SC 29067
Field Trip to Haile Gold Mine and Plant….  8 -11 a.m.
Located in Lancaster County, South Carolina, the historic Haile Gold Mine was one of the first operating gold mines in the United States. Established long before the gold rush of California, the mine was discovered in 1827 by Benjamin Haile and has been operated on and off for nearly 200 years. Today, it is owned by OceanaGold an exploration and development company focused on becoming a producer of precious metals in the United Sates, and is confirmed to contain 2 million ounces of gold reserves.

Exhibit/Sponsor Opportunities:
Sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities are available for this meeting which is the largest gathering of mining professionals and students in the Southeastern USA.

Exhibit: $500; Gold Level Sponsorship: $350;  Silver Level Sponsorship: $250; Bronze Level Sponsorship: $150

If you are interested in exhibiting or sponsoring, please contact Dr. Hamid Akbari at: hakbari@ncsu.edu

By 3/17/2017:    SME Member: $65       Non-Member: $95               Student (member and non-member): $35

By 4/17/2017:    SME Member: $90       Non-Member: $120              Student (member and non-member): $60

(plus $2.50 transaction fee)

The registration fee covers reception, attending the technical program, and dinner. Each attendee is responsible for his/her lodging and also transportation to the location of the Technical Meeting in Rock Hill, SC and Field Trip in Kershaw, SC.

To register:

SME members:
First log in to your SME account  and then open the current page again in a new tab. Then, click on the "Register Now" button on top-right side of this page and go through the registration steps.

In the "Registration Choices" section, select "Professional" if you are a professional or select "Student" if you are a student (A student ID is  needed when checking in at the time of the meeting). Selecting all other programs is optional.
In the "Sessions" section, make sure you select any session (Technical session and Field Trip) that you are going to attend.
In the "Payment Options" section, please select "Check out with PayPal" option. 

Non-members:

First create a FREE account by clicking here and then open the current page again in a new tab. Then, click on the "Register Now" button on top-right side of this page and login to your currently created account (if you are already not logged in) and go through the registration steps.

In the "Registration Choices" section, select "Professional" if you are a professional or select "Student" if you are a student (A student ID is  needed when checking in at the time of the meeting). Selecting all other programs is optional.
In the "Sessions" section, make sure you select any session (Technical session and Field Trip) that you are going to attend.
In the "Payment Options" section, please select "Check out with PayPal" option.

Important Notes:

- You are NOT registered until you pay the fees online using "Check out with PayPal" option.
- You will receive a confirmation email after registration. If you paid the fee but didn't receive the registration confirmation, let us know as it means that you are not registered yet. 
- If you register as "student", a student ID is  needed when checking in at the time of the meeting.

Donation:

For donation to the SME Carolinas Scholarship Fund (optional), please use the following link:

For any questions or inquiries, please contact:
Dr. Hamid Akbari
Minerals Research Laboratory, NC State University
180 Coxe Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
Phone: 828-251-6155 Ext. 223
Fax: 828-251-6381
Email: hakbari@ncsu.edu

SC
Event Image

Contact

Hamid Akbari
828-251-6155 Ext. 223