Minnesota SME Section

View Only
  • 1.  Science Teacher looking for safety equipment donation

Posted 08-24-2018 10:22 AM
    Hello Minnesota Members,

Science teacher Jill Holz has reached out asking for help to get hard hat's, glasses, and vests for 35 high school geology students attending 4 different field trips this year. Locations include Iron Range, North Shore, an aggregate operation, a granite quarry <g class="gr_ gr_261 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="261" data-gr-id="261">and</g> manufacturing plant, a taconite mine, a historic iron mine, road cuts, glacial contacts, the Mississippi River, and more.

"My mission is to expose HS students to geoscience, mining, and industry opportunities. If an organization can help me with safety in the field, I'd love to work with them in or out of my classroom as well, if they'd like. I would need a minimum of 35 sets for my current enrollment... various sizes. We spent nearly 50 hours in the field last fall and students are getting an experience similar to a post-secondary field course.

"My school email is Jill.Holz@wayzataschools.org Field Trips start in September and I've been unsuccessful procuring safety equipment. Thank you for your help."

If you or your company can help out, please contact her.  

Thank you!!

------------------------------
    Heather Gravning
    Digital Strategy and Web Development Manager
    Coal & Energy Division Liaison
    SME Inc
    Englewood CO United States
    (303) 948-4203
    gravning@smenet.org

• 2.  RE: Science Teacher looking for safety equipment donation

Posted 08-24-2018 10:47 AM
    ​Heather-I will reach out to the teacher and see what her exact need is and see what we can do!  Thanks for passing this along, what a great opportunity to support a motivated teacher tell the story of mining!

Julie Marinucci
    MN Section Chair