Mining Health & Safety Open Forum

View Only

Brookwood-Sago Mine Safety Grants

• 1.  Brookwood-Sago Mine Safety Grants

Posted 03-08-2017 09:56 AM
    In case you might have missed it, the deadline for applications for the MSHA's Brookwood-Sago grants is March 24.
    The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), is making up to $1,000,000 available in grant funds for
    education and training programs to help identify, avoid, and prevent unsafe working conditions in and around mines. The focus of these grants for Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 will be on training and training materials to better identify, avoid and prevent unsafe working conditions in and around mines. Applicants for the grants may be States (to include the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam, and the Commonwealth of the Mariana Islands) and private or public nonprofit entities, to include Indian tribes, tribal organizations, Alaska Native entities, Indiancontrolled organizations serving Indians, and Native Hawaiian organizations.
    MSHA could award as many as 20 grants.
    Any questions regarding this
    FOA 17-3BS should be directed to Janice Oates at oates.janice@dol.gov
    or 202-693-9573 (this is not a toll-free number) or Krystle Mitchell at
    Mitchell.Krystle@dol.gov or 202-693-9570 (this is not a toll-free number).

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2017-03025.pdf

------------------------------
    Bill Gleason
    Senior Editor
    Mining Engineering, T&UC
    12999 E. Adam Aircraft Circle
    Englewood, CO 80112
    303-948-4234
    gleason@smenet.org
    ------------------------------