January Section Meeting

When:  Jan 17, 2019 from 11:30 AM to 01:00 PM (MT)
Associated with  Colorado SME Section

Meeting Rising Challenges With Increasing Depth

Kristina Huss, P.Eng, Newmont Mining Corporation

Kristina will discuss how Newmont is approaching various challenges in the underground mining space, as it becomes a more important piece of Newmont's future gold production profile. Kristina has over 10 years experience working on mine optimizations, designs, schedules and cost models, with a particular focus on gold and base metal projects, for both open pit and underground mining methods. Prior to joining Newmont in 2016, Kristina, acquired both open pit and underground operational experience at mines in Chile, Zambia and the United States. In her role with Newmont Corporate Technical Services, Kristina provides mine engineering support to its underground operations, as well as providing input to early-stage underground studies. She is a registered professional engineer with the Order of Engineers of Quebec.

Members and Non-members: Please register via Eventbrite ($35/person) and send me your lunch menu request from the four items above.

Students: Please RSVP and send lunch menu requests to me (sdoyle@mines.edu). $15 meeting cost can be paid at the door via check or cash.

Chinook Tavern
6380 South Fiddlers Green Circle
Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Contact

Sarah Doyle

sdoyle@mines.edu