Mining Operating and Capital Cost Reduction Strategy

When:  May 12, 2015 from 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM (MT)
  Speaker: Andrew Schissler
Schissler Engineering LLC, Adjunct Professor Colorado School of Mines 

Dr. Schissler is a 41 year-experienced mining engineer / manager in mining and oil & gas engineering. He currently is an Adjunct Professor at Colorado School of Mines, the SME PE Examination Coordinator, and Principal of Schissler Engineering LLC and on Associate contract with 2 worldwide engineering firms. Previously he held positions from laborer to Executive Vice President. He is a PE in 2 states, a Certified Mine Foreman in 3, and a Founding Registered Member of SME. His passion is to catalyze lower mine cost using experienced-based cutting-edge tools learned over 41 years. Teamwork is preeminent in achieving cost reduction.

Webinar Description: Reducing operating and capital cost strategy is most important in the present climate of depressed commodity pricing. Reduction strategies include intervention, process improvement, and workplace culture development. Any and all three will precipitate a sustainable downtrend cost curve for a mine. This webinar will cover cost reduction strategies using a case approach discussing what works, what doesn’t.

Dial-in Instructions: